Monday, January 31, 2011

Patrick Skoff is a cool guy

I came across this video of artist patrick Skoff, he is great and It got me thinkin about I how never felt like a "real" artist, and definitely did not fit in the art world. I never wanted to show my work, afraid of being judged and critiqued...such a waste of time. As I get older I realize that most of us feel like outsiders where ever we go, why is that? I don't know, but to know that is sort of comforting. I do realize now, it is not just artists that feel like aliens, but if I could go back and talk to my seven year old self, I would say, shyness will get you nowhere. You have just as much a right to anything in this world as anyone else...also don't forget to dig up the Star Wars toys you buried in the backyard, before we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment